Dr. Sherece Y. West-Scantlebury, ‘15
President and CEO, Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation: Little Rock, AK
Sherece Y. West-Scantlebury is president and CEO of the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation, a private, independent foundation whose mission is to improve the lives of all Arkansans in three interrelated areas: economic development; education; and economic, racial and social justice.
Involved in philanthropy for over to 20 years, Dr. West-Scantlebury served as CEO at the Foundation for Louisiana and as a program associate at the Annie E. Casey Foundation. Her professional career includes nearly 30 years of experience in community development, public policy and advocacy, and public service.
In addition to running the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation, Dr. West is active in a number of nonprofits and philanthropy organizations.
- PhD, Public Policy, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Maryland
- MA, Public Policy, University of Michigan Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- BA, Bowie State University, Bowie, Maryland
- Fellow, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Policy Institutes
- 2003–04 Emerging Leaders Fellow, a joint program of Duke University and the University of Cape Town in South Africa
Associations and Recognition
- Association of Black Foundation Executives
- Bank of the Ozarks
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- 2010 Distinguished Scholar in Residence, Center on Community Philanthropy,
- University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service Center
- 2007 Telly Award winner for work as executive producer of the social documentary Power in the People
- Graduate of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Arkansas Class of 2007–08
- Arkansas Women’s Leadership Forum
- Top 180 Power List, 2008, 2009 and 2011, Arkansas Business Journal
- 2013 Woman of Influence Award, Arkansas Business Journal.