Ascend is proud to host the major initiatives below, and shares deepest thanks to the partners who support these projects: the Aspen Family Prosperity Innovation Community, Aspen Postsecondary Success for Parents Initiative, and Aspen Forum on Women and Girls.
Aspen Family Prosperity Innovation Community
Ascend launched the Aspen Family Prosperity Innovation Community in partnership with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in early 2018 to bring together some of the brightest minds and dynamic leaders across multiple sectors to identify new and different ways to ensure families in America find opportunity and thrive. Each member of Family Prosperity represents a thoughtfully-selected expert, from communities to the national level, Fortune 500 executives to direct service providers, that can cross-pollinate innovations, promising practices, and important perspectives. The community will release a portfolio of strategies and solutions for family prosperity in 2019.
Find all blog posts, press releases, and other content related to Family Prosperity here.
Family Prosperity Partners
- All Our Kin (CT)
- American Enterprise Institute (National)
- Center for Public Justice (National)
- Central New Mexico Community College (NM)
- Community Caring Collaborative (ME)
- Family Values @ Work and CLASP (National)
- Legal Aid at Work (CA)
- MOMS Partnership (CT)
- National Partnership for Women and Families (National)
- Springboard to Opportunities (MS)
- The Family Partnership (MN)
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati (OH)
- Urban Institute (National)
- UTEC (MA)
- Washington State Budget & Policy Center (WA)
- WMCAT (MI)
- Gina Adams: Senior Vice President for Government Affairs, FedEx Corporation
- Gordon Bronson: Head of Public Affairs, West, WeWork
- Stuart Butler: Senior Fellow, Economic Studies, The Brookings Institution
- Maria Gomez: President and CEO, Mary’s Center
- Sarita Gupta: Executive Director, Jobs with Justice
- Fatima Goss Graves: President and CEO, National Women’s Law Center
- Kaya Henderson: Director, Global Learning Lab for Community Impact, Teach For All
- Colleen A. Kraft: President, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Randall Lane: Editor, Forbes Magazine
- Eldar Shafir: Professor of Psychology, Princeton University
- Greg Taylor: Senior Vice President, Player Development, National Basketball Association
- Sarah Enos Watamura: Associate Professor of Psychology, University of Denver
- Sheryl WuDunn: Founder, FullSky Partners
Aspen Postsecondary Success for Parents Initiative
The Aspen Postsecondary Success for Parents (PSP) Initiative is a partnership with Omidyar Network to raise awareness of and share recommendations to better support students who are parents. The initiative is guided by Ascend’s comprehensive 2Gen approach that supports children and their parents simultaneously to move the whole family toward educational success and economic security and is informed by a group of 16 parent advisors.
Find all other content, including blog posts, press releases, and webinars related to PSP here.
Aspen Forum on Women and Girls
The Aspen Forum on Women and Girls, convened by Ascend and the Aspen Global Innovators Group, lifts up promising ideas and leaders and builds on the strength of families to help women and girls in the U.S. and around the world move toward opportunity. The Forum, launched in 2016, hosts a series of conversations and programs with diverse, creative, and provocative social justice leaders to advance women’s economic justice, political participation, civic engagement, and leadership.
Find more information on the Forum’s website at aspenwomenandgirls.org.