- This event has passed.
Webinar: Improving Mental Health of Student Parents
May 26 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
On Wednesday, 5/26 from 2:00-3:00pm ET / 11:00-12:00pm PT, join us for a panel discussion to mark the release of Improving Mental Health of Student Parents: A Framework for Higher Education, a new report focused on the mental health of student parents. Created in partnership with Ascend at the Aspen Institute and The JED Foundation (JED), this conversation will present new, mixed-methodology research about student parents and identify holistic solutions to securing their higher education success.
Supporting mental health is key to promoting postsecondary completion and paves the way for economic mobility. Although parenting students represent more than one in five U.S. undergraduate students, little research currently exists about their unique mental health challenges. These new findings will reveal specific stressors faced by student parents and will outline strategies for higher education leaders to strengthen family health and well-being.
Presenters and Panelists:
- David Croom – Assistant Director for Postsecondary Achievement and Innovation, Ascend at the Aspen Institute
- Sara Gorman – Director, Research and Knowledge Dissemination, The JED Foundation (JED)
- Lesley Del Rio – Ascend Parent Advisor and Career Pathways Trainer, Mi Casa Resource Center
- Walesca Marmolejos – Personal Counselor, Westchester Community College
- Elissa Nadworny (Moderator) – Reporter and Editor, NPR Ed