Virtual Briefing: Milestone Federal Report Drives 2Gen Momentum
States and communities are where policy translates into real life outcomes. For nearly a decade, state and local entities have leveraged various federal programs and funding streams to integrate systems and services through a 2Gen approach. This powerful momentum is bipartisan, practical, scalable and most importantly, centered around families – their needs, their experiences, and their voices.
The new Government Accountability Office (GAO) report, Poverty Reduction: HHS Can Improve Information to Assist States and Localities in Adopting Approaches that Serve Whole Families, is a milestone piece that will continue to drive that 2Gen momentum as states and local governments innovate to support family well-being. Through highlighting the lessons and experience of 23 state and local governments that have used the 2Gen approach as they strategically braid and blend federal resources, the report validates the power and the potential of 2Gen approaches to improve family well-being and economic mobility for parents and children together.
Watch the virtual briefing, Advancing Approaches that Serve Whole Families, above to learn more from members of the U.S. Senate, the GAO, states and parent experts regarding their experiences and how this report can propel the 2Gen field forward.
- U.S. Senator Martin Heinrich (D-New Mexico)
- Lourdes R. Padilla, Secretary, Maryland Department of Human Services
- Dianne Primavera (D), Lieutenant Governor of Colorado
- Jennifer Burnszynski, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Services Policy, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, US Department of Health and Human Services
- Kathryn Larin, Director, Education, Workforce, and Income Security, U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Adrián Pedroza, National Director of Strategic Partnerships, Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors
- Ray Washington, Parent Participant, Colorado Family Voice Council
- Anne Mosle, Vice President, Aspen Institute and Executive Director, Ascend (moderator)
PelotonU: Principles for Engaging and Centering Parent Voice Read More »
Join us next week to level up your work with families Read More »
RFP Submission Guidelines for the Aspen Policy Acceleration Partnership Grants Read More »
Virtual Discussion: How Communities and Political Leaders Can Support Schools This Year Read More »
Transforming Child and Family Mental Health in Washington, DC Read More »
RFP Submission Guidelines for the Aspen Parent Powered Solutions Fund Read More »
WEBINAR: Stopping Behavioral Health and Substance Use Disorders Where They Start: Prevention and Treatment in Adolescence Read More »
WEBINAR: Parent Voice During COVID-19: Maintaining Feedback Loops Read More »
WEBINAR: Implications and Useful Lessons around Child Support Read More »
WEBINAR: Supporting Student Parent Families in a Time of Crisis Read More »
WEBINAR: State Opportunities and Challenges in Advancing Child Care Innovation Read More »